Yes, google pays teenagers!

How can I be sure? Well, I got paid myself. I guess that alone is enough to ease your doubt. If youre still not convinced, why dont you subscribe to my blog so youll get your proof every single day? *wink*

Anyways, I wrote about my eagerness to claim my google money (check it here) and yesterday, I finally had the chance to receive this payment and boy, I have a story to tell you guys. I was on a western union outlet to claim my payment and at first, everybody was very casual. There were quite a number of people there, majority were of course filipinos and there were two american males with their wives. So, I went to the teller (she was around 45, lonely and from the looks of it, she never had a BF since birth. haha!) and told her I wanted to receive my money and she told me in a very strict and somewhat angry tone to get a yellow form and fill it up completely and so I patiently obeyed. After completing the form, I handed it to her and the moment she saw the sender, she said "Uy, Google!" (Hey, its from google!). This was the moment that I started smiling.

She asked me lengthy questions on how, when, where I got the money and I told her im a blogger and that among others, we earn from google. She enthusiastically told me she was interested to blog and at this point, I was thinking about her possible niche and one idea struck me; Grave Digging! hahaha! Yes, she looked like that. You get me, im sure!

Among her numerous comments, she told me "uy, ilang million ka nag search sa google para mabayaran?" (How many million times did you use the search box of google to get paid?) and at this point in time, friends, I wanted to burst into laughter.

And so, to make the story short, she wanted to blog but she just couldnt. This experience really proved to me that blogging is not for everyone (and for every age for this matter).

How did google change your life today?

11 comments

  1. Nenyalorien | Lorie  

    December 30, 2007 at 1:18 PM

    Hi, I linked your blog up to my post on Blog-Tutorials.com. Pasensya na that this is a TinyUrl; the link is too long kasi, masisira yung page. :)

    http://tinyurl.com/2eteu4

    And btw, I got to know a gramma na taga US through my blog ah, just to disprove what you said. :p

    Though, your grave-digging Western Union lady might have a tech handicap, but still. A little education will get them there, I'm sure. :p

    http://tina34.multiply.com/

    :) I really admire this golden girl^ :p

    Blog on, Kirby!

  2. Nenyalorien | Lorie  

    December 30, 2007 at 1:24 PM

    I also made a comment on your "how much am i making" post pala, because i can't find your email and i'm too tamad to google you up na. :p

    http://tinyurl.com/28pngj

    ^ linkie to make it easy for you. :p

  3. Unknown  

    December 30, 2007 at 7:17 PM

    What do you mean by teenager? As in below 18?

  4. NurseJake  

    January 1, 2008 at 3:08 AM

    Lol jeric. Im 19 now. ;)

  5. Nenyalorien | Lorie  

    January 1, 2008 at 9:38 AM

    Haha, still a teen. :D

  6. Kiwipinay  

    January 1, 2008 at 2:13 PM

    hey! congratulations! but i can't find how much you earned? so... how much did this teenager earned? you might be able to convince me in the end... ;)

  7. NurseJake  

    January 1, 2008 at 7:00 PM

    Lorie:
    last time i checked, 19 still qualifies as a teen. haha!

    Hi there kiwi!

    I didnt disclose it coz its againsts their TOS. But for the sake of discussion, i would say i received a little over the minimum limit which is $100. ;)

  8. kukote  

    January 2, 2008 at 8:49 PM

    nice story! btw... revealing the exact amount you earned from Adsense is not against the TOS. But you are not allowed to show other stats like CTR.. etc, only the earnings is allowed.

  9. NurseJake  

    January 2, 2008 at 11:58 PM

    Marhgil?

    Is that you my friend?hehe

    Thanks for the info. Maybe i misinterpreted the TOS. thanks for the comment btw.

    Blog onwards!

    :::>to all other above comments,

    I EARNED $110

    that should clear things up.hehe ;)

  10. CDOToday Admin  

    January 8, 2008 at 5:41 PM

    Weheheheh... imo pa jud gibirahan ang Teller sa Western Union ha... sumbong ta ka... ako man to Auntie.. LOL

  11. ms. choy  

    January 11, 2008 at 5:55 PM

    im looking forward to get my first google paycheck....
    i guess i still have alot to learn...

    hello there pala :)



Recommended By Asbestos Health